Terms and conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions of Dorst Craft Beer Shop (hereafter referred to as “Dorst Craft Beer”), a company registered at Boekhorststraat 99, The Hague. Dorst Craft Beer is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 75154307.
Article 1 – Definitions
In these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have the following meaning, except where stated otherwise:
- Terms and Conditions: this document.
- Consumer: the natural person who does not act for purposes related to their commercial, trade, craft or professional activities.
- Day: calendar day.
- Digital Content: data produced and delivered in digital form.
- Remote agreement: aan agreement between Dorst Craft Beer and the Consumer within the scope of an organised system for distantly sold products, Digital Content and/or services, whereby exclusive or additional use is made of one or more technologies of remote communication up to the conclusion of The agreement.
- Time for consideration: the period during which the Consumer may use their right of withdrawal.
- Sustainable Data Carrier: any means, including email, that allow the Consumer or Dorst Craft Beer to store information directed to them personally in such a manner that makes future consultation and use possible during a period that matches the purpose for which the information is meant and which makes unaltered reproduction of the stored information possible.
- Standard form for withdrawal: The European standard form for withdrawal included in Appendix.
- Dorst Craft Beer: the company Dorst Craft Beer Shop, located at Boekhorststraat 99, in Den Haag and registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 75154307.
- Website: the website of Dorst Craft Beer at dorstcraftbeer.nl
Article 2 – Applicability
- These Terms and Conditions apply to any offer from Dorst Craft Beer and to any Remote agreement made between Dorst Craft Beer and the Consumer.
- Before reching a Remote agreement, the text of these Terms and Conditions shall be made available to the Consumer by electronic means in such a way that the Consumer can store it in an accessible manner on a Sustainable Data Carrier. If this is reasonably impossible, Dorst Craft Beer shall indicate in what way the Terms and Conditions can be inspected and that they will be sent if so requested by electronic means or otherwise free of charge, before the Remote agreement is concluded.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions, the second paragraph of this Article shall apply accordingly, and in the event of contradictory terms and conditions, the Consumer may always appeal to the applicable provision that is most favourable to them.
Article 3 – The offer
- Obvious errors or mistakes in the offer are not binding for Dorst Craft Beer.
- All offers contain information that it is clear to the Consumer which rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer.
Article 4 – The agreement
- The agreement becomes valid when the Consumer has accepted the offer and fulfilled the terms and conditions set.
- If the Consumer accepted the offer via electronic means, Dorst Craft Beer shall confirm the receipt of acceptance of the offer without delay via electronic means.
Article 5 – Right of withdrawal
- The Consumer can dissolve a purchase agreement for a product without giving reasons during the Time for consideration of 14 days.
- The Time for consideration referred to in point 1 of this Article starts on the day the product is received by the Consumer or by a third party appointed by them in advance and who is not the courier, or:
- if the Consumer ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the Consumer or a third party, not being the courier, appointed by them received the last product.Dorst Craft Beer may refuse an order of several products with different delivery dates provided that it clearly informs the Consumer prior to the order process, or
- in case the delivery of a product consists of several batches or parts: the day on which the Consumer or a third party, not being the courier, appointed by them received the last batch or the last part, or
- in case of an agreement about regular delivery of products during a given period: the day on which the Consumer or a third party, not being the courier, appointed by them received the first product.
- The Consumer can terminate an agreement for services or an agreement for delivery of Digital Content that is not delivered on a physical courier without giving a reason during these 14 days.
- The Time for consideration referred to in paragraph 3 starts on the day following the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 6 – Consumer’s obligations during the Time for consideration
- During this period, the Consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The Consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary for establishing the nature and the characteristics of the product. The guiding principle is that the Consumer may only handle and inspect the product in the manner in which one is allowed to handle a product in a shop.
- The Consumer is liable for the decrease in value of the product that is caused by the way of handling the product which is not in accordance with paragraph 1 of this Article.
Article 7 – Exercising the consumer’s right of withdrawal
- If the Consumer exercises their right of withdrawal he shall notify Dorst Craft Beer unambiguously with the Standard Form for Withdrawal within the Time for consideration.
- The Consumer shall return the product or deliver it to (the authorised representative of) Dorst Craft Beer as soon as possible but within 14 days. This does not need to be done if Dorst Craft Beer offered to collect the product themself. The Consumer observed the period of returning the product in any event if the product is returned before the expiration of the Time for consideration.
- The Consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and if reasonably possible in the original state and packing and in conformity with reasonable and clear instructions given by Dorst Craft Beer.
- The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal falls on the Consumer.
- The Consumer shall bear the direct costs of returning the product.
- If performance of the service has started during the Time for consideration, the Consumer shall pay Dorst Craft Beer an amount that is equal to the part of the obligation already performed at the time of withdrawal as compared with the full compliance of the obligation.
Article 8 – Obligations of Dorst Craft Beer in case of withdrawal
- If Dorst Craft Beer makes the notification of withdrawal by electronic means possible, they shall send a return receipt without delay.
- Dorst Craft Beer shall reimburse all payments made by the Consumer, including any delivery costs that Dorst Craft Beer may charge for the returned product, as soon as possible but within 14 days following the day on which the Consumer notified them of the withdrawal. Unless Dorst Craft Beer offers to collect the product themself, they can wait with the reimbursement until having received the product or until the Consumer proved that they returned the product, whichever occurs first.
- Dorst Craft Beer shall make use of the same means of payment that the Consumer used, unless the Consumer consents to another method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the Consumer.
- If the Consumer opted for a more expensive method of delivery instead of the cheapest standard delivery, Dorst Craft Beer need not reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Article 9 – Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
Dorst Craft Beer can exclude the following from the right of withdrawal:
- Products manufactured in accordance with the Consumer’s specifications which are not prefabricated and which are produced on the basis of a Consumer’s individual choice or decision or which are intended for a specific person.
- Perishable products or products with a limited durability.
Article 10 – Pricing
- The prices of the products and/or services provided shall not be raised during the period given in the offer, unless the change in price is due to a change in VAT rates. Contrary to paragraph 1 of this Article, Dorst Craft Beer may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the control of Dorst Craft Beer, at variable prices. The offer will state the possibility of being subject to fluctuations and the fact that any indicated prices are target prices.
- Price increases within 3 months after concluding The agreement are permitted only if they are the result of new legislation.
- Price increases from 3 months after concluding The agreement are permitted only if Dorst Craft Beer has stipulated it and
- they are the result of legal regulations or stipulations, or
- the Consumer has the authority to cancel The agreement before the day on which the price increase starts.
- All prices indicated in the provision of products or services are including VAT.
Article 11 – Performance agreement and extra guarantee
- Dorst Craft Beer guarantees that the products and/or services comply with The agreement, with the specifications listed in the offer, with reasonable requirements of usability and/or reliability and with the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the day The agreement was concluded. If agreed, Dorst Craft Beer also guarantees that the product is suitable for nothing other than normal use.
- In any event no claim can be made on point 1 of this Article (i) in case of damage caused deliberately or with gross negligence, (ii) in case of normal wear and/or (iii) in case of damage from improper care or handling. An extra guarantee offered by Dorst Craft Beer, their suppliers, manufacturers or importers shall never affect the rights and claims the Consumer may exercise against Dorst Craft Beer about a failure in the fulfilment of the obligations of Dorst Craft Beer if Dorst Craft Beer has failed in the fulfilment of their part of the agreement.
- With ‘Extra guarantee’ is meant each obligation of Dorst Craft Beer, their suppliers, importers or manufacturers in which they assign certain rights or claims to the Consumer that go further than they are legally required in case they fail in the compliance with their part of the agreement.
Article 12 – Delivery and execution agreement
- Dorst Craft Beer shall exercise the best possible care when executing product orders and when assessing requests for services.
- The place of delivery is the address which the Consumer has provided to Dorst Craft Beer.
- The Consumer shall provide Dorst Craft Beer with the correct delivery address and email address. Any changes need to be reported immediately to Dorst Craft Beer. If the Consumer has entered a wrong address for delivery, then the additional shipping costs will be for the account of the Consumer.
- Delivery takes place while supply lasts.
- The ownership of delivered products will be transferred to the Consumer upon payment of the sum due. The risk of the products passes upon delivery to the Consumer.
- Dorst Craft Beer shall execute accepted orders with convenient speed but at least within 3 business days, unless another delivery period was agreed on. If the delivery has been delayed, or if an order cannot be filled or can be filled only partially, the Consumer shall be informed about this within 3 business days after ordering. In such cases, the Consumer is entitled to dissolve The agreement free of charge and with the right to possible compensation.
- After dissolution in accordance with point 6 of this Article, Dorst Craft Beer shall without delay reimburse the payment made by the Consumer.
- The risk of loss and/or damage to products will be borne by Dorst Craft Beer until the time of delivery to the Consumer or a representative appointed in advance and made known to Dorst Craft Beer unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 13 – Payment
- Unless otherwise stipulated in the agreement or in the additional conditions, the amounts to be paid by the Consumer must be settled within 14 days after the Time for consideration, or, if there is no Time for consideration, within 14 days, after concluding the agreement. In case of an agreement to provide a service, this period starts on the day that the Consumer received the confirmation of the agreement.
- The Consumer has the duty to inform Dorst Craft Beer without delay of possible inaccuracies in the payment details that were given or specified. Payment orders at the bank or giro institute are for the account and risk of the party giving (or authorising) the payment order.
Article 14 – Accounts and registration
- The Consumer can create an account or otherwise register on the Website. Dorst Craft Beer reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such registration, for example in the event of irregularities.
- The login details are strictly personal and must not be disclosed to third parties. The Consumer is responsible for their login details, even if this is done without their knowledge.
- The Consumer shall immediately alert Dorst Craft Beer if they suspect that their login details are known by an unauthorised third party or in the event of irregularities.
- The Consumer may not create or manage more than one account. Moreover, the Consumer shall not be allowed to register or manage an account (again) after Dorst Craft Beer has denied the request of the Consumer to create an account or after cancellation of the registration.
Article 15 – Force majeure
Dorst Craft Beer and the Consumer are not required to fulfill any obligation if they are prevented from doing so due to a circumstance not attributable to their fault and which is not regarded as their responsibility, nor by virtue of the law, a legal action or a generally accepted notion.
Article 16 – Complaints procedure
- Dorst Craft Beer shall have a sufficiently disclosed complaints procedure in place, and shall handle the complaint in accordance with this complaint procedure.
- Complaints about the performance of contracts shall be filed as soon as possible once the Consumer has noticed the defects, comprehensive and clear with Dorst Craft Beer.
- The complaints submitted to Dorst Craft Beer shall be replied within a period of 5 business days after the date of receipt. Should a complaint require a foreseeable longer time of handling, Dorst Craft Beer shall respond within 5 business days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the Consumer can expect a more detailed reply.
Article 17 – Privacy and security
- Dorst Craft Beer respects the privacy of the Consumer. Dorst Craft Beer treats and processes all personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the applicable legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation. The Consumer agrees to this processing. For the purpose of protecting the Consumer’s personal data, Dorst Craft Beer observes appropriate security measures.
Article 18 – Additional provisions
- Any possible deviation in respect of these Terms and Conditions may be agreed upon only in writing. No rights can be derived from these deviations with regard to future agreements.
- The administration of Dorst Craft Beer serves as proof of purchase orders and requests of the Consumer, unless the Consumer proves otherwise. The Consumer acknowledges that electronic communication can serve as proof.
- Dorst Craft Beer is entitled to transfer the rights and obligations under The agreement with the Consumer to a third party, by a single notification to the Consumer.
- In case and to the extent that any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are cancelled or declared invalid, Dorst Craft Beer shall draw up a new provision to replace the null/nullified provision, duly observing as much as possible the object and purpose of the annulled provision.
Article 19 – Applicable law
These Terms and Conditions, and any non-contractual obligations arising from it, between Dorst Craft Beer and the Consumer are governed exclusively by the laws of The Netherlands.
Appendix I – Standard Form for Withdrawal
To: Dorst Craft Beer Shop, Boekhorststraat 99, located in The Hague.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby inform you that I wish to revoke our agreement concerning the following order:
Ordered/received on (dd-mm-yyyy):
Fill in the date on which you received your order or the date of your order.
First name and surname:
Street name + house number:
Sign this form only if you will not send this form in by e-mail.